The GastroCH4ECK® is the newest member of the Bedfont Gastrolyzer® family. It is a breath analysis monitor that measures accurate and real-time combined CH4, H2 and O2. This monitor is intended for multi-patient use by healthcare professionals in a clinical environment.
The GastroCH4ECK® can be used to help detect the following disorders:
- Lactose intolerance
- Fructose intolerance
- Glucose intolerance
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
A percentage of patients do not produce hydrogen and therefore would not be diagnosed by the use of hydrogen breath testing alone. Therefore the role of methane is to ensure that patients who are non-hydrogen producers, but produce methane instead, are not misdiagnosed.
The Bedfont GastroCH4ECK® has been designed to offer additional benefits in terms of accuracy as well as increased ease of calibration with the latest monitor offering completely automated calibration.
The Option of Two Modes of Sampling
The GastroCH4ECK® offers two breath sampling options – direct analysis through a specially designed mouthpiece and indirect analysis through the use of breath bags.
Direct testing produces instant results for the patient. The monitor provides accurate and real-time combined CH4, H2 and O2 monitoring. An O2 reading is taken to motivate patients into providing an end-tidal sample. If they are unable to do this the GastroCH4ECK® will automatically correct the reading saving the patient from embarrassment and having to carry out another test.
The breath bag sampling options allows for simultaneous testing of larger groups or remote testing for patients who cannot provide samples directly, in person.
Benefits of the New Bedfont GastroCH4ECK®
- The monitor only requires calibration once a month, saving precious time and calibration gas costs.
- The monitor has a fast warm up time of less than 30 minutes.
- The monitor provides O2 correction for accurate results.
- There is a real-time traffic light dial and smiley face system to motivate patients and indicate how the test is going.
- The consumables contain anti-bacterial filters for optimum infection control.
- Calibration is fully automated, making the task easier for technical staff.